If you’re considering rejuvenating your smile, and would like to do it quickly, Porcelain veneers are for you. Our cosmetic dentistry experts at Smile on Clinics are highly experienced and qualified in this area and are here to give you the smile you deserve.
What are dental veneers?
Dental veneers are thin shells of porcelain or composite resin bonded to the front of your teeth to improve their appearance. Some of the benefits of dental veneers are:
- They can cover cosmetic flaws in your teeth, such as chips, cracks, stains, gaps, or misalignment.
- They can improve the natural appearance of your teeth, giving you a brighter and more even smile.
- They resist stains and can maintain their colour for a long time.
- They are well-tolerated by your gums and don’t cause irritation or inflammation.
- They are a conservative option for changing your tooth shape and colour, as they require minimal removal of your tooth enamel.
Benefits of Veneers:
Durable and Long-lasting
Dental veneers are durable and long-lasting. At Smile on Clinics, we use only high-quality materials to ensure that your veneers are aesthetically pleasing and long-lasting. Porcelain veneers, in particular, are extremely durable and can last up to 15 years with proper care.
Can Correct Multiple Dental Issues
Veneers can correct multiple dental issues, making them a versatile solution for improving the appearance of your teeth. In addition to covering discoloured or chipped teeth, veneers can also correct gaps between your teeth and improve the alignment of your teeth. Our dentists at Smile on Clinics can work with you to determine the best type of veneers to correct your specific dental issues.
At Smile on Clinics, our expert dentists will create custom veneers that fit perfectly over your teeth. The process is painless and can be completed in just a few appointments.
Boost Your Confidence
The most significant benefit of dental veneers is that they can boost your confidence. If you’re unhappy with the appearance of your teeth, it can be challenging to feel good about yourself and your smile. Veneers can help you feel more confident by giving you a beautiful, natural-looking smile you can be proud of. This can improve your self-esteem and make socialising and interacting with others easier.
If you are interested in getting dental veneers, you should consult with your dentist to find out if they are a good option for you. You should also follow your dentist’s instructions on how to care for your veneers and maintain good oral hygiene.
How long to veneers last?
The lifespan of dental veneers depends on several factors, such as the type of material, the quality of the installation, and your oral hygiene habits. In general, porcelain veneers last longer than composite veneers, but they are also more expensive and require more preparation.
According to the American Dental Association, veneers last about ten years on average. However, some studies suggest that porcelain veneers can last up to 20 years or more in some cases, while composite veneers may last for up to 8 years or less.
To extend the lifespan of your veneers, you should follow these tips:
- Brush your teeth twice a day and floss daily.
- Use non-abrasive toothpaste and a soft-bristled toothbrush.
- Avoid biting on hard objects or foods, such as ice, nuts, or bones.
- Wear a mouthguard if you play sports or grind your teeth at night.
- Visit your dentist regularly for check-ups and cleaning.
- Avoid smoking and limit your intake of staining foods and drinks, such as coffee, tea, wine, or berries.
Get the radiant smile you deserve with dental veneers, contact our friendly and caring team today!